Friday, February 3, 2012

It's the Freakin' Weekend ... Baby I'm Bout to Have Me Some Fun

Bounce, Bounce, Bounce, Bounce, Bounce, Bounce. Oh the good old days... you know when R Kelly made songs that you could sing and not think about what a sick, disturbed individual he is. Back in college,  we used to love this song. Back in college, the freedom of the weekend was so refreshing that we usually got into some kind of trouble.

How come weekends don't hold the same relaxing, refreshing, free feeling these days? Is it because I am an adult with grown up responsibilities? I mean... I did laundry, school work, tried to clean, and was able to feed myself when I was in college. I have those "same" responsibilities now so why does it all feel so dreadful and overwhelming?

It is Friday! I am trying to bring the happy, stress free weekend back to my life. I want to spend the weekend enjoying my daughter and not running errands, worrying about having a clean house, cooking and food shopping, and all other domestic things that aren't worth mentioning. I decided to start the weekend off right. Daddy and I took our two favorite girls to the park for a quick play time before dinner.




The weather has been mild enough that we are able to get outside and enjoy ourselves. Kay loved being on the swing as long as she could see Lexi. She loves watching the Lex run and play, it is a tad bit heartbreaking. She's so independent that she was ready to get down and walk all over soon after we started swinging. She can't be confined to a swing...I should have known better.


Once she was down on the ground, she was one happy little girl.




I hope everyone is enjoying the start to their weekend. I hope you are all planning on having a weekend of the past - with spontaneous car rides, laughing sessions until you pee, and laying around in Rutgers sweatpants all day. (oh wait, that might just be me)

Daddy and I are getting all dolled up for a wedding this weekend, so I guess I will have to put my sweatpants away. It's all good though. Enjoy your weekend! I am going to try!

Toot, Toot baby and Beep, Beep.

1 comment: