Monday, February 27, 2012

Lax Weekend

This weekend was a busy one. After a l-o-n-g week, I kept busy on the weekend, and I hoped it would cheer me up.

Friday night, I realized I really am old at a sweet 16 birthday party. Seriously, when did I get old? The birthday girl's family threw the best party for her and it turned out perfectly! Look at this gorgeous homemade cake!


After the party, I went home to wait for the arrival of my friend! She was on her way to stay over for the weekend so we could go to another friend's lacrosse game. I was so happy to see these girls!

In the blustery winds, we watched some good old college lacrosse, and once again, I felt a little sadness. I love sport, and I miss the days of being part of something bigger than yourself. I see those 20 year olds in the best shape of their lives with 20 best friends, and I feel jealousy. Is that weird? I miss lacrosse, and I miss my days of being a player and coaching at the collegiate level. There really is nothing better.

Baby Kay stayed home because it was a little too cold for her, but she got some action this weekend too.



My future laxer...she is too cute. I had a great weekend with friends and going to dinner. Can't believe it is already over. I miss Lexi, but seeing my girls made me happy for the first time this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment