Saturday, January 8, 2011

Busy Week

I can't believe it has almost been a week since my last post! We had a very busy week, but it was filled with hanging out with family and friends. As my maternity leave winds down, I am trying to enjoy my last few days. We had dinner with friends two nights this week and dinner with family two nights this week. Needless to say, blogging during the day is not feasible because I am taking care of the bambino. It is hard work!

The baby is continuing to amaze me everyday. Just last night, she slept 9 and a half hours straight (at 12 weeks old!). I don't know much, but I think that is AWESOME! I hope she keeps it up. She is actually a good sleeper. When I put her down in her crib, it is like she knows it is bed time. She usually doesn't cry (even if she can't fall asleep right away) and if she does, it is just for a minute or two. I can put her down when she is wide awake too.

Her neck is getting stronger everyday, but we are calling her zoolander because she only tends to turn her head one way. It is a little extreme, and I just cannot bring myself to force her neck the opposite way to stretch it (doctors orders) because she will give me a scream that pierces through my chest. She fights it too! I am not going to worry about it though because it is not like she will walk through life with a kinked, crooked neck...right?!?  Oh, and this little flat head syndrome is giving me anxiety. The joys of being a new mom...I know it will be fine in the end but still!

Kay is starting to recognize us! It is the most amazing feeling in the world to lay her on the changing pad in the morning and watch her look at me and smile! She is really starting to interact with us. I love this little girl more than anything in the world.

Today is Saturday and I woke up to snow! But, it isn't going to be a lazy snow day for me. It is a BIG day in our family. I am getting ready to celebrate.

Happy Birthday to our Aunt TC! We love you so much! Thank you for being a special part of our lives.


 And Happy 4th Birthday to a special little girl! Love you to pieces!!!!

A girl after my own heart with her Kool-aid lips!
And Happy Birthday to a very special Mom-Mom tomorrow! We love you and are so thankful for everything you do for us!

One of the firsts of a lifetime of holding and loving her granddaughter!

No comments:

Post a Comment