Monday, January 23, 2012

Monday Morning

Today marks a big change in our family. My daughter will spend her first day away from home and away from a family member. She is making a transition to a babysitter for a lot of reasons. Her Grams, who has taken care of her since she was 3 months old, is having surgery and needs some time off. Plus, I have a desire for Kay to learn and play with peers. She can socialize and adjust to new situations. She will even be with her BFF Addie, but I am still nervous, stressed, and emotional.

I am lucky enough to have found a wonderful babysitter that I trust and respect. My new babysitter used to work at my school, and she has worked with kids for most of her life. She loves kids, and I know she will give my daughter tender loving care. She watches kids in the comfort of her own home. She has such a nice, safe set up with more toys than little Kay could imagine. She even gave up some time on her weekend to have a private meeting for Kay so she would feel comfortable and happy.

At our meeting yesterday, Kay zoomed right into the house without any hesitation and started playing with the toys. She smiled and went to the new babysitter easily. This eased a momma's anxieties big time. I know that this is going to be right for my baby girl. 

My momma is having surgery, and she needs time to rest, recover, and get herself feeling better. She will still watch Kay, but Kay will now split her time between her Grams and her new babysitter. 

I think this will be great... I am sure I will cry tomorrow, but I am just so happy and relieved that Kay will be in great hands and make some new friends! 

1 comment: