Sunday, November 28, 2010

How My Life Has Changed

In the past six weeks, things have been very different around our house. Things used to be all about Dobbie and I. We used to watch a lot of tv and sleep a lot. We don't do a lot of either of those anymore. I love spending my day taking care of the little peanut. I especially love maternity leave. One thing is for sure...my life has changed.

I've traded my work clothes for sweatpants.
I've traded lesson plans for changing diapers.
I've traded my alarm clock for a baby monitor.
I've traded JCrew for Gymboree.
I've traded Gilt Groupe for Baby Center.
I've traded Rhianna for Twinkle Twinkle Little Star (I have officially given up my ipod to a one month old)
I've traded trips to Target for trips to Buy Buy Baby.
I've traded spontaneous shopping trips for strategically planned trips to fit in my 3 hour window.
I've traded putting myself first for putting my baby girl first.

Best of all, I've traded my blackberry for an iphone! (I know, not baby related but incredibly cool)

My life has changed in small ways, but it has changed for the better. One thing that hasn't changed is the love I have for my husband. He has been such a great daddy and husband over the past 6 weeks.

All because of her

No comments:

Post a Comment