Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Happiness

Whoa. That was a crazy past few days. It doesn't help that I saved many things until the last minutes which is very unlike me. Christmas Eve is the best day of the year. I love the anticipation of Christmas morning and the giddy squeals and excitement as we eat, watch A Christmas Story, and listen to Christmas music. Oh, and the giddy squeals don't come from anyone under the age of 30...some of us will never grow up...myself included! This year, we added some crying baby to the mix! Kailyn was so excited to see Santa that she didn't sleep ALL day! She was a bit rowdy at our Christmas Eve party! She is definitely going to be a party girl!

My husband likes to do most of his shopping Christmas Eve. It must be secret husband code. Although, my husband did run some last minute errands for me like a trip to the bakery and food store. So, I am grateful! I spent a good part of the day with the baby putting last minute touches on gifts and making something to bring to Christmas Eve dinner. We just hung around without our pants on!


Christmas Eve dinner was spent at Dobbie's parents house. Everything looked so great and festive when we arrived! The table looked great and the food smelled so good!



The food was yummy. I was with my favorite peeps. Things were perfect.

We had snuggles from Aunt Tracy. We had to show off how cute we were in our beautiful Christmas dress! 

We had a photo shoot in our Christmas dress. Don't worry, we changed into our pj's for Santa shortly after! 

Things were perfect...until this. Mommy, I had enough please.

We got home at 10:00 so we could put the baby to bed. 10pm is her new bedtime, and it was been working out well. Now, we just had to wait for Santa!

My husband has also created a tradition of wrapping gifts at 10pm on Christmas Eve night which usually leaves me in bed watching TV alone waiting for him to finish. In the morning, I wake up to the cutest gifts wrapped and sealed with packing tape and 3 bows each. I wouldn't want it any other way!

This was one the best Christmas. We had a wonderful day as we visited our families. We opened gifts, had some laughs, and held and snuggled our sleeping baby (a baby that slept almost the entire day because she was exhausted from the previous day's shenanigans). Thank you everyone for spending the day with us on our baby girl's first Christmas. It was special for us in so many ways, and I know each Christmas will get more special each year as Kailyn starts to get involved in the Christmas magic.

I got a special surprise gift from my mom and dad. A Pandora charm bracelet that I love. I got a few charms that are so meaningful to me. My brother gave me a special charm as well. It was such a beautiful gift, and I will always wear it and remember Kay's first Christmas. Now, I need to fill it up ;)

Christmas day has come and gone. It is always sad on Christmas night. Just knowing that you have to wait an entire year for another Christmas is a bummer. I am excited to see my little girl next year, but I can wait because I don't want time to fly by!

As I get ready to shut it down, I want to wish your family a Merry Christmas. XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment