Sunday, February 10, 2013

Enjoying the Weekend

I am exhausted and emotional. After my return to work this week, I remembered how exhausting it is being a working mom. It hit me hard. By Friday, I was falling asleep at the wheel on the way home. My body and mind were both spent.

My sweet hubs decided no cooking dinner or cleaning, and we hit a local soda fountain type diner. After milkshakes and greasy food, we decided to let our sweet little girl play a few games in their arcade area. Even though she was too small for all of the games, she loved it just the same. "We" played skeeball, a race car game, and whack-a-mole, but the highlight of her night was jumping in the dirty, old moon bounce with a ball pit.


The weather was crappy here Friday night, and we were some of the only people in the place. As Kay jumped in the moon bounce, my hubby and I challenged each other to a little basketball buzzer game. I whooped up on him, and let him know it for the rest of the night. We had so many laughs. It felt good to just relax after a hard week.

In the morning, we woke up to a freshly fallen snow. We got a tiny bit of the snow from the huge storm that hit New England, but it was enough for my sweet Baby Kay to enjoy for her very first time.



The last time I was outside at 9:00 am to play in the snow, I was probably 6 years old. Good thing this little cutie got a sled for Christmas. She liked being pulled on it, but she LOVED pulling it herself.


After being away from her all week, I was so happy to have a little bit of snow to go play in outside in the morning. It gave us something special to bond over on what would have been an ordinary, lazy morning. It made it feel extra special, and it was just what I needed.

We had big plans that night to help Angela celebrate her 40th birthday party! So after coming in from the snow, I had to catch up on some work during nap time. It has been a hard adjustment for me, but everyday seems to get easier.


We enjoyed our weekend as a family, and I really needed it. I am so proud of my family this week. I am proud of myself for getting back into the swing of things at work, for pumping 2 or 3x a day at work, and for trying to keep the household managed. I am so proud of my husband for stepping up to the plate in a big way since I have gone back to work. Not only does he take care of business, he has been my biggest supporter. I am so proud of my girls for adapting to the change so easily and smoothly.

Most of all, I am grateful to our mommas for giving up their days to be there for us and help make our transition easier. I don't know what I would do without the support and help we have.

Now, I am going to go prepare to do it all over again this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment