Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Mommy Confessions


Tuesday! Another link up with Heather and Megan! I confess that since going back to work I miss my girls. I miss my Kay. I find myself at bedtime letting her stay in our bed and watch tv, cuddle, and snuggle. Bedtime comes and bedtime goes. We stayed up later than bedtime almost every day last week. 

After bath, we let her lay in our bed until bedtime. This past week, I crawled in bed with her and we just got to relax together. I didn't want to put her to bed because I loved the way she felt laying against me. Her tiny hand would sweetly touch and rub my wrist as she laid in the crook of my arm. Her wild, clean hair tickles my face.


My sweet girl. I know my return to work has confused her a little bit. When I get home, she wants my attention. One night, she hung on my leg while I tried to make dinner. She said, "Mommy, hold me." At the moment, I put everything down and we laid on the couch together. I know this transition has been hard on me, and I failed to realize that my girl could be missing me as much as I am missing her. So, I let her stay up past her bedtime....and I don't care.

5 comments:

  1. I think it's great! I don't know what I would do if I ahd to go back to work I'd miss my babies so much! I'd let them get away with anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband feels the same way. My daughter stays up until 10pm every night, because by the time he gets home, he wants to hang with her.
    And it works.
    Keep it up!
    Thanks for linking up! Happy Tuesday!
    xoxo
    Megan @ thememoirsofmegan.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to blame it on my pregnancy hormones but I just teared up reading this. My little guy is such a snuggler. On days I work I find him to be extra clingy at night so i just give him that attention and enjoy the moment. Sounds like your doing a great job as you transition back to work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Swinging by from yesterday's link-up... My Hubby has been working a demanding schedule of 10 hrs. days, 5 days a week, for months now and is often the same way when it comes to our two little ones... He wants to spend as much time with them as possible, even if it means slightly delaying bedtimes (and I can live with that)! Sending good vibes your way for a continued easy transition!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are on my husbands schedual and I take a class twice a week so my daughter clings to everyone if they've been gone, my husband works from 12pm to 830pm gets home at 9 Nd we hang out and watch our shows and relax and I let my daughter sleep in our bed I have. An irrational fear which I posted last week as my confession but anyways there is no reason not to want to cuddle and snuggle and let them stay up past their bed time! It just bonds you more! I found you through the link up and can't wait to read more! -KM
    Www.haileylynnsmom2011.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete