Monday, February 11, 2013

First Foods








This weekend, my sweet little girl started eating her first foods. I would love to just have her continue exclusively nursing and have her stay my tiny baby forever, but she was ready. She enjoyed her first few tastes of oatmeal. No tears, no fuss. Just looking at her mommy and smiling. She is still figuring out how to swallow, but she is as happy as a clam she learns.

I am feeling some guilt as she learns to eat her oatmeal with her Gigi. I wish I was there to feed her. I wish I was there to watch her open her little mouth up like a bird as she sees the spoon.


This little girl has seriously stolen my heart. She is growing too fast for me. Food now, marriage next. Where has the time gone? Geez.

She really has put a spell over me. I think of her all day long. There isn't a second that I am not thinking of her and wishing I was with her. I can't believe she is eating her oatmeal. I am excited for this new territory of food with our baby, and I am hoping and praying that she will be open to more foods than her sister.


1 comment:

  1. She is too cute! My Waverly has put a spell on me, too!! It's an obsession!!! Haha!

    ReplyDelete