Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Labor Day

I had a wonderful Labor Day weekend. I can't believe it is over and I am back to work. Who am I kidding?? I can't believe it is Wednesday night, and I am posting about the weekend! It is just that this start of school really knocked me on my rear end. The initial shock will wear off, and I will get back in the swing of things. Hopefully, it will happen sooner than later.

This Labor Day, Dobbie and I spent a lot of time together doing some fun things. We went to the shore on Saturday, but I was plagued with allergy attacks ALL day! No joke. It was a windy day, and I was miserable. My allergies this fall came on fast and furious. Despite my allergies, we did a ton of yard work on Sunday, and Dobbie finally hung his American flag.

The best part of the weekend came on Monday.

Dobbie took me into the city to go to Bobby Flay's new burger place. I was never one to eat cheeseburgers until about three or four years ago, and NOW I am an addict. I love cheeseburgers. Dobbie drove and we ventured into Philly.


We passed crowds of people at Upenn and Drexel. There were students moving in to their new apartments and dorms. There were students lined up at the bookstore. There were students drinking coffee and sitting outside. It was a nice scene to watch (and definitely NOT be a part of). It made me think of my days in college and how great they were.

Anyway...Bobby's Burger Palace was sooo good! I loved it! I want to go back everyday.

After we ate, we went to Rittenhouse Square to look at a few shops. There is the cutest children's boutique Born Yesterday, and I wanted to look around. As I walked in, there were booties, bears, and books galore. The little, itty bitty clothes just melted my heart. I wanted to buy everything for our little Baby Girl. Instead, I looked for a gift for a friend. It was one of the best days that I can remember...until the doom came that night. The dreaded Sunday night doom (that was happening on a Monday night because of the holiday) of going back to work. This doom was even more magnified because it was the return after such a great summer. The first day of school came and went and before you know it, we will be in the daily grind of another great year....and we will be closer to our turkey baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment