Sunday, September 19, 2010

Stanley Steamer Gets Carpets Cleaner

"Stanley Steamer gets carpets cleaner" 

This little jingle has been stuck in my head for about three weeks now. The reason? My poor little dudes is sick. She is back to throwing up this week all over our house, and we cannot figure out what is wrong with her. After three days of cleaning up puke from our carpets, we decided to take her to the vet. You are probably wondering why we didn't take her earlier. She doesn't act sick and she did get better when we gave her a bland diet of chicken and rice. However, her little upset belly came back so off to the vet we went. 

We took her on Wednesday night. A bad night for a vet visit because I saw two things that brought me to tears...a man leaving the vet in tears with only a leash and a women in tears sitting with her elderly cat. At that point, I was ready to scoop Lexi up and run like the wind. My emotions couldn't handle it. At that point, our visit seemed very insignificant.

I stayed, and I am glad I did because Lexi was really dehydrated from all of her throwing up. She had to get fluids and a shot. Then, we left the vet with special food and antibiotics for her to take during the week. Getting Lexi to eat is hard enough. She is not really interested in food at all so I knew this would be a nightmare.

We tried giving her the special diet food on Thursday night, and she wouldn't even go near it. I felt so bad. I knew she was starving and I couldn't give her ANYTHING! I felt horrible. She just kept staring at me. She was sitting in front of the refrigerator (I keep her treats on top of the fridge) and she was just begging me, pleading with me to give her a treat. I didn't and I felt really, really bad about it. 

Yesterday, I got home from work and she still hadn't eaten anything. I felt so bad so I gave her a little bit of her regular food and she woofed it down. The poor girl was starving. I did manage to give her the antibiotic with that food so I didn't feel that all was lost. 

Dobbie and I were ready to relax and watch a week's worth of DVR when all of a sudden, my poor dudes pulled the trigger. She puked right in our bedroom on the floor. What is wrong with my little girl? The vet said if our special diet doesn't work, we will have to get her an x-ray and do some more tests...so keep your fingers crossed that she eats this "special" food gets better. I am going to keep my fingers crossed that I have the will power to not give her anything besides her "new" suggested diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment