Wednesday, September 1, 2010

September

A Whole New Month

September is finally here. I just didn't expect it would bring 100 degree days with it. I just got home from my first full day back at work...and I am wondering how I am going to make it through the next 2 and a half months. I am tired. My feet and back hurt. I want to take a nap. However, I am going to try not to complain because although I am physically not up for it, I am excited about another school year. My classroom is ready! (Don't get me wrong - there are still a million things on my To Do list, but I am ready for the kids to come and meet my new class) The new bookcases look great, and they will make it so much easier for the kids to search for books and keep them organized!







This will only be my second year of teaching. I already feel like I have a WAY better handle than last year. At this time last year, I was about in tears because I had no idea what I was doing or what was going on.

September is such a great month. It reminds me of change and renewal. I love the feeling of starting fresh in September. I usually make many personal goals for this month as I have typically started a new year for all of my jobs. Whether it was a new year in lacrosse or a new school year, I LOVE the excitement and the hope for good things to come. This year , I am more eager to get started because I cannot wait for what is to come!

This month, I plan on...
1. Being more positive and less nervous. (Like I said...with a year under my belt, I should be able to accomplish this at school. My fear is at home! I am getting more and more nervous about this baby!)

2. Attending a baby shower, bridal shower, birthday party, and baptism party... the question remains - what the will I wear? I better get shopping.

3. Beginning to visit my OB every 2 weeks instead of every 4 weeks.

4. Enjoying my job and being thankful that I have a job that I love.

5. Spending as much time with my husband as I can. I want to truly enjoy our last two months together alone as a couple.

6. Watching less TV and getting more sleep.

7. Taking a nightly walk with Lexi ...although nothing is working because I am getting so big everywhere!

As September hits, what do you plan on doing this month? Do you feel recharged and excited for fall? I hope so...it is a wonderful time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment