Thursday, March 21, 2013

6 Months Old


Look who just turned 6 months old! She has been here for half of a year. 6 months of pure happiness and joy. The happiest, easiest baby has seamlessly joined our family like she has been here all along. Our family of four is figuring it out, and it has been easier than I ever imagined. Tiring ... don't get me wrong.... but easy. 

At 6 months, this blue eyed angel...
* is still nursing like a champ! Except for her first few hours in the NICU, she has only had breastmilk to drink. I am so proud of the two of us. 

* has FINALLY started taking to some food. The past few days, I have noticed she is showing more of an interest in eating. She has had oatmeal, apples, pears, sweet potato, and avocado. 

* slept through the night last night for the first time in a LONG time. She wakes up once or twice a night typically. Usually when she wakes up, I bring her in bed with me to nurse, cuddle, and snuggle. She easily falls asleep on her own between 7:15-7:30. I love our bedtime routine. A warm bath, usually with her big sissy and Daddy in the big tub, lotion, nurse, book, snuggles, and bed. It is the best time of the day for both of us.

* is starting to wear 12 month clothing. She is a long girl.

* weighs 15 pounds 6 ounces 

* rolls over every chance she gets. She can push herself up so far, and she does the worm. Rocking on the floor. She is going to start army crawling soon... I can feel it! Now, I have to really work on getting her to sit up on her own! She is working those abs and she is constantly trying to pull herself up to sit. 

* grabs for everything!!! She is just starting to put everything in her mouth. Her hand eye coordination is getting better every day. You should see her reach and grab things...especially those toes! I love a happy baby curled up grabbing her toes. 

* is just a gorgeous baby with gorgeous eyes. Her little chubby cheeks...I want to eat them.




Keira just loves watching everything. She watches Teddy boy and she watches her sister.

We are coming to the end of a VERY LONG week, and I am so thrilled to have a break next week. I am looking forward to being with my girls for the week and to recharge. This long week has left me exhausted, sick and missing my girls. Spring break is a day away and I will be spending it filling up my love tank with baby love.

TGIF!


2 comments: