Monday, March 25, 2013

Spring Snow

It's official... spring break is here! I am home with my girls and I couldn't be happier. After a busy, fun weekend, a strange spring storm was embraced around here. We enjoyed a snow day in our pajamas, playing in our fort, playing outside, snuggling, and cooking. It was a much needed rest after a crazy work week and a weekend full of fun.

This weekend was a whirlwind. On Saturday, we spent the day with our friends celebrating with an early Easter egg hunt. Angela outdid herself again with a Mexican menu that put Chipotle to shame. I made some homemade guacamole and brought not enough chips and salsa. Fail. Thank god Angela always has plenty to go around and tops it off with a dessert that is to die for. 

Kay loved the day. She played with all of the toys at Angela's all day. The only time she stopped was to go looking for eggs. Look at this crew...


We are missing the boy of our group, but he was probably off and running.




On Sunday, we visited a preschool for next year. That is another post in itself. So exciting, sad, and nerve wracking all at the same time. 

Today, we woke up to snow. Ridiculous - yes. Much needed - yes. We stayed home ALL day. We were in our pajamas all morning watching tv and playing. I was able to make some food for sweet Keira. She is really starting to do well with taking her foods. This morning, I made her some apples and sweet potatoes. Later this week, I will do a baby food post. I am no expert by any means, but I have definitely learned some valuable lessons. Unfortunately, those lessons were all trial and error.

My freezer is so jam packed with food and milk for Keira that I don't have any food for our family. 


After a little cooking, we went outside to enjoy the snow while Baby Gaga napped. The snow was heavy and wet. It was perfect packing snow. We had a great time playing with the dog, pulling the sled, and building our very first snowman. 



What is it about playing in the snow? It brings out my inner child. Playing with my daughter today, it made me feel a sense of nostalgia. Dumping the basket of winter clothes, getting all dressed, and heading outside is a pain in the ass, but it brings back so many wonderful memories of my own childhood. Playing in the snow. Wrestling with the dog (or chasing the dog after he steals the snowman's arm for the hundredth time). Snow happens so occasionally around here that you have to make the most of it. And today, we did just that.




2 comments:

  1. It's really weird that some places are getting crazy amounts of snow and while we've seen flurries it hasn't snowed at all down here!

    Looks like you guys had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jealous of your snow but soooooo ready for warm weather! Making baby food is so much fun! I used to get crazy and add spices and such!

    ReplyDelete