Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Snip, Snip

Happy Tuesday. This post was intended for Monday, but I think work got the best of me. It was crammed with lesson plans and emailing...although, I did manage to squeeze in a little Bachelor. This weekend was wonderful. The kind of weekend that you spend with your family and you never want it to end.

Twice last week, my sweet little Kailyn has passed out in the car on the way home from from the babysiter's.



It is so unlike her so we knew she was tired. This new routine has been exhausting for her too!  She slept in on Saturday, and we had some good quality snuggle pj time. Saturday mornings are my favorite time during the week. Sitting around playing, eating a late breakfast, and thinking about all of the possibilities the day can bring.

This past Saturday was a special day. We took Kay for her first haircut EVER. I didn't want to do it. I felt pressured into it. I second guessed myself a gazillion times, but I knew this sweet girl...


needed a trim to lose the sideshow Bob hairstyle she has been rocking. Look at this cute before picture, with her frizzled ends all disheveled. At this point, I was ready to grab her and run like the wind...
I kept texting Daddy saying I've changed my mind, I want to back out, I can't go through with it, but I did it.

Kay. She had NO problem at all unlike her mommy!



It took like four snips to trim the rough edges. I could have easily done it myself, but it was cleaned up and looked a million times better. The finished product..
.


We took our freshly cut girl, and we visited our local learning store for some Dr. Seuss crafts. Needless to say, she loved it!



Not sure why there was a clown craft for Dr. Seuss day, but it's all good. Our little Saturday ended up being something special and a day we will remember. Those unexpected days that turn into significant memories are the ones I love most.

Hope everyone finds some time to turn ordinary into extraordinary!

1 comment: