Sunday, March 3, 2013

Liebster Award

I'm excited to report that my witty, hilarious fellow blogger, Amy at Baby Mama Juice, nominated me for the Liebster Blogger Award! I'm so honored to be recognized for my blog! This award is presented as a way to acknowledge up and coming bloggers and to help them be recognized for their outstanding accomplishments within design that is presented on their blog. My blog still needs a lot of revamping and refreshing, but I will get to that all in good time. For now, I am enjoying sharing my thoughts and daily life on this here space. Thanks Amy! 

The rules:1.  Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
2.  Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, and then create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to next.
3.  Choose 11 new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the award to and link them in your post.
4.  Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
5.  No tag backs.

My 11 totally random facts:

1. After college, I worked in NYC for a year in public relations. I will always love the city, but not working there. Especially when you work three blocks past times square and your daily commute involves sidestepping millions of pains in the ass tourists taking a million pictures. It gets OLD very quickly. 

2. Ruby Foos Times Square will never get old. If you have never been, you must go. My friend Cristina and I would easily drop over $100 at lunch on the few occasions she would come up from her gig at MSG to meet me for lunch.

3. I love tv and I am a reality tv junkie. Recently, I have been added to the Brav-ho club! I am not ashamed.

4. I LOVE Cocktail and Overboard. I will watch these movies ever single time they are on. These movies are the only thing to trump my reality tv obsession.

5. I played Division I lacrosse in college. Best memories ever. Even better body - too bad that is also a memory. 

6. I am the COMPLETE opposite of a hoarder. Don't set your shit down in front of me. I will throw it away. I hate clutter. 

7. I have been to Hawaii twice both times at Halloween. Waikiki parade at Halloween = flippin awesome.

8. My husband and I met at a wedding ... er, at a bar post-wedding. Hey, they say the best marriages start at an all night hotel after party right? 

9. I live for Fridays ... when my US Weekly arrives! 

10. I love to cook. I have learned so much from my mom, from food network, from reading, and from messing around. I love making big dinners that cook all day. I wish I could create my own recipes, but I am not there yet. Cooking just stinks when you have NO time.

11. I was born in Syracuse, NY, and I will always have a place in my heart for Otto the Orange.

The 11 questions from Amy and my answers:
1.  When and why did you start your blog? I started my blog during my first pregnancy. MY friend Angela really inspired me to start blogging, and I wanted a way to document my pregnancy and motherhood.

2.  Who are your girl crushes? Beyonce. Jillian Michaels. Kelly Ripa.

3.  What is your biggest pet peeve? Heavy breathers, people who don't wave in traffic after you've given them a courtesy, and people who leave don't fill the paper in the copier.

4.  If you could have a second home, where would it be? Turks & Caicos. After a babymoon there, it is my favorite destination. The most beautiful beaches I have ever seen. 

5.  What is your favorite movie? I just asked my hubby "what is my favorite movie?" and he laughed and said "you've seen like two movies! You haven't seen shit!" I don't know a ton of movies, and he always gets mad. He thinks its funny that I am have never seen any movie he references. I haven't seen a ton of new movies lately either. Hence, Cocktail and Overboard.

6.  Where is your favorite place to shop? Oh geez, no where lately. I am a big gilt groupe shopper. Amazon... I haven't been shopping much at all lately even though I desperately need a million things from clothes to kitchen appliances. My all time favorite is Bloomies. 

7. If you could have lunch with anyone, dead or alive, who would it be?  What would you ask them? 

8.  Would you rather take a vacation in the mountains or the beach? Oh please, the mountains don't stand a chance. We are beach lover through and through. Ocean City, NJ our second home.

9. How do you come up with ideas for your blog posts? I like to post about things we do with the girls for my friends and family. I like to post pictures of the cutest girls ever for me to look back on. I like to post about things that are always on my mind. One week, I will have a million ideas and the next, zilch, zero. 

10. Do you have a daily beauty routine?  If so, what is it? Time is not a friend of mine in the morning, but I always try to throw some make up on my face so I don't look like the walking dead. First, I put some Clinique Even Better foundation on, then some blush. Lately, I have been loving the Benefit 10 bronzing and highlighting powder. For my eyes, I HAVE to start with Stila prime pot. I love it. So much less creasing and greasing on my eyes! Then, I choose some shadow from Urban Decay Naked palette. Finish it off with some mascara. It takes no time but it makes a world of difference for me. 

11.  If you could change anything about yourself, what would it be? My skin! I have always had skin problems. I would love beautiful, radiant skin. My skin always looks dull and greasy, and I always seem to have blemishes or a perioral dermatitis flare up. So definitely my skin! Hands down! 

The 11 blogs I'm giving the Liebster Award (with under 200 followers or just a smidge over):
The Lloyd Sisters
Momma B & Babyboy
High Heeled Mama
Words About Waverly
Life Revolves Around Them
Nine Months
Ashley Spain
Our Forever
Once Upon a Dime
Serrano Style
With Dirt on Our Face

The 11 questions I'm giving them to answer:
1. What are you currently reading or the last book you read?
2. What did you want to be when you grew up? 
3. What is your biggest fear? 
4. What is your greatest accomplishment?
5. Are you a weekly meal planner or are you a fly by the seat of your pants kind of eater?
6. What would be your ideal date?
7. What is your inspiration for your blog?
8. Pet person? How many and what kind?
9. If you had 24 hours alone, how would you spend it?
10. Neutral or colorful?
11. What is your favorite vacation spot?

Thanks again Amy! This was so much fun and I love reading and learning about other fellow bloggers and what inspires them!  

1 comment:

  1. I love your random facts and answers to my questions! Thank you so much for participating! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete