Monday, August 30, 2010

Sunday Funday

My favorite thing to do in the summer is spend a day with Dudes. In the summer, we go exploring and last summer we found a new favorite spot, Stella's Lake (aka Big Sandy). Usually, our adventures include my mom and her two dogs, Stevie and Sixy. This Sunday, we enjoyed our last perfect summer day, but without the rest of our gang. After going to work for a few days last week, Dudes was feeling a little bummed. We spent all summer together so she was upset that she wasn't getting any action.

I decided to take her for one last adventure. She LOVED it!


My dudes runs like a crazy woman, up and down the trails (usually Stevie would be right on her tail). Her favorite thing of all is swimming...she is OBSESSED with her flappy and she will stop at nothing to get me to throw it in the water.






Oh Mommy, please throw it, please please please!

To finish off our perfect day, we stopped at Stella's farm market. 



It is my all time favorite place in the summer. They have the best peaches, tomatoes, and corn I have ever tasted. I wanted to stock up because summer is coming to a close, and I wanted to cut the peaches and freeze them to use throughout the fall. They are so good in smoothies and muffins. I want to freeze some fresh corn for soups and stews this fall too. There is nothing better than Stella's sweet corn.

Just picked and getting unloaded!


Look at all of these wonderful tomatoes! They are so good. It was a perfect day and I am so sad that it was one of my last days like this until next summer! I can't wait to bring our baby girl next summer! 

No comments:

Post a Comment