Sunday, October 10, 2010

34 Weeks

Week 34 of pregnancy was a tough one. The crazed days of work and life are saying go, go, go, but my body is finally starting to say "no thank you." This week was extremely tiring as I prepared for my first observation of the school year. One down ... three more to go! Mostly, I have cleaning, organizing, and nesting on my mind and I have NO time to do anything! I have this overwhelming urge to move furniture, shampoo carpets, clean windows and curtains, organize drawers. I even have the strongest desire to power wash the sidewalk in front of the house. I wish I had a week off of work to do all of these things, but I guess they will have to wait.  Thank goodness for Dobbie because he takes care of all of the everyday things. If it weren't for him, we would have no clean laundry and no clean dishes.

At 34 weeks, I ...

* have had the worst swollen ankles after working all day. They look like they did back in college after one of my many ankle sprains.



Cankles at their finest! Rosie O'Donnell called ... she wants her ankles back. I can barely see my feet past my belly, and when I got my first glance, they looked like two Christmas hams. To my poor ankles ... I'll be seeing you in 5 weeks. Hang in there.

* have started to feel a few cramps in my belly. I was wondering if I felt my first Braxton Hicks contractions, but I really think it is just Baby Kay growing and expanding. She is so high that she is really kicking and punching me high in my ribs. 

* am feeling really fatigued. My body is carrying around all of this extra weight, and it is not happy. At the same time, I am having trouble getting comfortable sleeping at night. So I am sleepy and not getting good rest. 

* LOVE this baby girl so much. I am really starting to get to know her. It is funny because her movements are so pronounced that it is like she is mad in there. She rolls around in there and stretches out, and then BAM...she slams me and my whole stomach moves.  I love touching the outside of my belly and feeling her.

* did her first load of laundry this weekend. Dobbie and I washed all of her 0-3 month clothes and pjs. You should have seen the lint when we were done...it was ALL PINK! We washed a few of her 3-6 outfits too. I can't wait to put her little clothes away and organize all of her things. We were going to do it  this weekend, but the weather was beautiful. Dobbie, Lexi, and I went to an apple festival in Medford and the dog park instead. It was such a wonderful weekend, and Dobbie and I only have a few more before our lives are changed forever and for the better.

* bought orange juice with an expiration date of November 18th! I will be a mommy before I have to throw away the oj! That is insane. It really hit us that she will be here in no time. With that being said, this coming weekend will be all about baby! 

Here's to another healthy week of pregnancy. I hope my friends that are new momma's to be are feeling great and enjoying every second! 

No comments:

Post a Comment