Saturday, October 30, 2010

The First "Bath"

After being home for a few days, I knew it was time to give the peanut a "bath." Grandma was there to help me through it...thank goodness! This is one of the many things from that first week that I was happy and relieved to have my mom support me through because I was a little nervous.

We brought the peanut into the bathroom, and I ran the hot water in the tub to make the room nice and warm and steamy. Then we laid her down on her big sponge.


Once I started to undress her, things took a turn for the worse! Look at this face.


She was not a happy camper. Actually, I think she said, "Excuse me mom...what do you think you are doing? Cover me back up, swaddle me, and GET ME OUT OF HERE!"


After her first "bath," she was awake for the longest amount of time in her short life. She loved being wrapped up in her towel, and I think she was actually looking out the window! Grandma was holding her, and we loved just watching her look around. It was the first time that she was awake!




The best part about this first bath. When we went to get her dressed, we realized she pooped in her fresh towel. Who poops in their towel? She is definitely a Seymour!


No comments:

Post a Comment