Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Gymboree

Summer mode is in full effect! Boon-frickin'-yah! We are adapting to our new summer schedule of waking up a little later. Daddy and I have been getting out of bed a little before the 7 o'clock hour, and this is a nice change from the 5:30 wake up call we were getting! Even if Baby Kay wakes up earlier, she chills in her crib quietly and plays. Amazing. We are eating a little later, napping a little later, and just flying by the seat of our pants. Lunch dates, shopping, playing at home, visiting Grams ... we are pretty much doing whatever we want.

Our new summer schedule consists of a weekly play date at our local Gymboree! Today was our first class, and Kay and I had a great time. She loved the songs, movement, and exploration. She loved the big mirror that she could stand on and bang balls on. Her biggest obsession of the day was another child in the class. She just wanted to crawl right up to her and get right in her face. She  is still nervous to really touch another baby, but when she gets over that fear, I am sure she will be a bruiser.

I loved learning new things and news ways I can interact with Kay. A few of the things I never thought to do on my own like blow bubbles at her or create a little tent or tunnel for her to crawl through. Now that I have the ideas, I probably don't need to go to the class, but I love that Kay gets to socialize with new people. It is helping her learn to adapt and be open to new situations. I can't wait for Kay to go to a class with her BFF Addie!



What kinds of things do you do with your babies when you play and teach them new things? Anyone have any good toys or music recommendations?

No comments:

Post a Comment