Thursday, June 2, 2011

Mommy and Baby - Our Favorite Things

Megan at In This Wonderful Life is calling all moms to discuss favorite baby products. I thought this would be a good way for me to make sure I list everything that I will NEED if we ever expand our family. I want to remember what I used day in and day out.

For changing time:
* Pampers diapers definitely! I like Swaddlers Sensitive. Best advice I have gotten - if there is a leak, it may not be the diaper but you need to go up a size. It has worked wonders for us, and I think in 7 and a half months we have only had one breach in security.

* Triple Paste and A&D ointment

* Prince Lionheart Wipes Warmer - many people don't like them because they seem to dry out, but I have not had one problem. I love my wipes warmer and there is nothing better than giving my Baby girl a little extra comfort (especially throughout the winter).


For bed time:
* MIRACLE BLANKET - I wouldn't have been able to live without this in the beginning! Those swaddle me blankets only have Velcro, and they would always come undone. This blanket stayed put all night as Baby Kay started growing and moving. Ahhh Maze Ing.



* Sleep Sheep & Carrie Underwood Hushabye Baby CD
*Halo Sleep Sacks - When we were done swaddling, we used the sleep sacks. They are an absolute must.

*Fisher Price Newborn Rock'n Play Sleeper - I loved having this napper all over the house. It is so light and easy to move. Just a great option to a bulky bassinet. We brought to our families when we had get togethers or they were babysitting. Just so easy and simple! LOVE!


For feeding:
* Dr. Brown's Bottles - I used them and had no problems. They do have a lot of annoying parts, but we used the dishwasher baskets. I really have no feelings about these bottles either way. I could take them or leave them. They got the job done.

* Munchkin Formula Dispenser - when you are out and about with your diaper bag, you NEED one of these! It has three separate compartments for you to put your powder in. I LOVE this thing.

Big Ticket items:
* City Mini Stroller by Baby Jogger - I love this stroller! It is the lightest stroller on the market and I can fold it up on handed while holding the car seat in the other. So super easy! LOVE LOVE LOVE! There isn't a big space for storage on the bottom so if you roll with a lot of bags, this might not be for you. For the mall though, it is awesome. I love the front wheel rather than those bulky four wheel travel systems. They were not for me. We got our car seat adapter for this stroller and it has been a breeze!


*BOB jogging stroller - I cannot say enough about this jogger. It rocks my world. We used it on the beach this weekend and it rode like a dream through the sand. I have gone on one short jog with it, and it is easy and effortless to push. Make sure you get the Revolution with these tires. The metal spokes rust and aren't as good on the beach.

*Graco Snugride 35 car seat - I like this car seat, but it is awfully heavy. I liked it because it had a great safety rating and it was black and gray (just what I was looking for). Not much else to say about it. It gets the job done.

* Little Lamb Swing - a must during those first few months. I liked this swing because it rocks both ways and it is so soft and snuggly.

Toys & Randoms:
* Baby Einstein Roller Pillar balls - Kay loves these balls. They amaze her. The balls are small enough so she was able to start gripping them early. The yellow one lights up. These were the greatest purchase I made!
* Tiddliwinks Security Blankies - I love these handheld snugglers. Kay puts it up to her face and rubs her eyes with it when she is getting ready to go to sleep. She loves hiding her face behind them. She has this cute ducky and a monkey with a pink edge that we named Mimi.
* Sophie La Giraffe - Who could live without Soph? Seriously? I just need to find a good toy leash/clip now.


Well, I guess that is all I can think of right now. I have my mommy friends Angela and Sabrina to thank for my list. Anyone else have any great "can't live without" suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment