Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Getting Ready

This is going to be a good year. I can feel it. While I am dying inside knowing I have to leave my sweet baby girl at home, I am excited to be getting ready to go back to work. A fresh start always feels good to me. I love the feeling of meeting a new class, having everything neat and organized (too bad it doesn't stay that way with 21 6 and 7 year olds), and getting into a new routine. I definitely feel energized and rejuvenated after spending a summer relaxing with Lexi and my little lady. I feel ready to tackle a new school year!

A new Principal. A brand spanking new reading program. This is shaping up to be a great but busy year. I am off to a great start getting things ready in my classroom. I have unpacked my many many boxes of new reading materials, and now I have to figure out what I am going to do with it all. 

My friend Angela and I have been getting things ready for our new first graders, and I think we are off to a great start! I love having a classroom next to my BFF. It makes life so much more fun! 

Credit to Mrs. Lloyd...I make one heck of an assistant though ;)

With my obsession of blog reading, I have been getting excited for back to school. I have been spreading my wings and exploring some teaching blogs to inspire me with some new ideas, and I found some great first grade blogs. I love seeing what other teachers are doing. Teaching Blog Addict is one of my newest blog obsessions.

Fabulous in First and The First Grade Parade are just two of the first grade blogs I have been checking out. They both have first grade blog rolls, and I love it! I just hope I get some sleep before school starts between pinterest and blogging. Here's to the teachers out there spending their own money and slaving away in their classrooms to make sure all of the kiddies have the best school year ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment