Thursday, August 25, 2011

The Last Few

In the midst of trying to prepare for going back to work and a new school year, I am definitely enjoying some last few summer days with my family. I am thrilled to be going back to work and lucky to have a job that I do love, but with each passing day my heart grows more and more sad. I do not want to leave my baby girl. So I am trying to spend the last days doing some special things and enjoying the weather.

This past weekend, Daddy and I were able to take Kay back to the beach. We arrived late Friday night, and we woke up to the most beautiful beach day on Saturday. It was picture perfect. It was so perfect that I didn't take any pictures because I was too busy playing with my daughter and sitting with my husband.

When we got back from the beach, we did have to cool off and rehydrate. Look at the sweaty hair on this cutie!


After relaxing a little bit, Daddy, Kay, and I headed to Wildwood boardwalk for a change of pace from our beloved Ocean City. We walked, drank lemonade, had some fries, and played some games. All in all, it was absolutely perfect.


Daddy had to win Kay her first prize! It was a BIG, pink Scooby! 
Our baby girl loved looking at all the lights and people, but after an hour or two she was wiped out tired.



We are definitely ending this summer on a high note. Family time and time with friends is on the top of my priority list. Things I didn't get to around the house, things not checked off of my summer to-do list, they can all wait until next summer. I want to be present in the moment. I want to enjoy spending my days with my daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment