Monday, October 17, 2011

A Party Brought To You By The Letter "K"

Saturday, we celebrated my daughter's birthday. I think Elmo would agree that it was simply perfect. I decided to have the party at The Pop Shop


It is one of our favorite places, and I knew it would be perfect for my little sweetie's first birthday. It is a sweet 50's inspired diner that specializes in grilled cheese and ice cream! Who wouldn't love that? It is so special that my main man Bobby Flay decided to have a "throwdown" with the owners over grilled cheese! 

This little gem just happens to be in my hometown, and one block away from my parent's house. They were able to walk! They have a nice private party room, and it was just perfect! 


I had very little to do for this party because The Pop Shop had it all covered! I knew I wanted to do something special for my sweet baby girl so I decided to make her smash cake. On Saturday morning, I decided to give it a try. With an early wake up call from our birthday girl, Daddy and I were downstairs at the crack of dawn. It was a good thing because this cake took me forever, but after blood, sweat and tears I made my peanut her very first birthday cake. Will this be a yearly tradition? Who knows?


With barely any time to spare, we packed this sucker up along with cupcakes from sweet eats, and we headed to our party spot. When we got there, I had a little extra time to put a few finishing touches on some things. An Elmo balloon, a number one balloon, and some cupcake toppers, and we were ready to party. 


Of course, I can't forget the star of the show. She was bright eyed and bushy tu-tu'd!




 The party guests started to arrive, and we had a blast.







It was easy going and relaxed. We had good food, really good food and an equally good time. Baby Kailyn was a champ! She amazed me! She was such a good girl, and she never cried or whined. She just flashed that beautiful smile, and she was definitely the star of her show!


Happy Birthday Kailyn!



No comments:

Post a Comment