Tuesday, October 11, 2011

A Perfect Pumpkin Party

On Sunday, we had another special party for another special little girl. Kay celebrated her almost birthday twin's (just missed by a few hours) birthday at a wonderful homemade pumpkin party. Addie's mom worked so hard at making this a super special party with touching handmade details.

We arrived to another gorgeous, warm fall day. The party was at Ella Harris park in Mullica Hill, and it was the perfect location. There was a nice big playground, and a big covered patio with plenty of room for food and eating. It was perfect to celebrate a huge milestone...a first birthday!


Addie's mom created a gorgeous cupcake tower, and placed a picture of Addie on top with pumpkins. The cupcakes were topped with the most adorable handmade toppers with pictures of Addie and leaves.

Yes, I said handmade! She is AWESOME!


There was so much good food, and everything had sweet orange ribbon attached to give it a personal touch.



There were pumpkins everywhere! So naturally, I wanted Kay Kay to fit in and she rocked the cutest pumpkin shirt from Sta Sweet Custom Stitches on Etsy.


She looked adorable, but none cuter than the sweet birthday girl herself. Addie's mommy had the shirt, the bow, and the tutu. This birthday girl was ready to party in style.




The birthday girl was jacked about turning one! She wanted to show everyone that she is "SO BIG!" We ate first, and then we played on the swings for a while. Kay ate pasta salad, and I was so proud of her. She ate pieces of a Philly soft pretzel too. It was her first of many I am sure! Her daddy fed her while I tried to get some pictures but I was too busy stuffing my face.

Peek a Boo mommy!

The girls decorating their pumpkins! 
 After a little pumpkin decorating and some playground play, it was time to start the show. I LOVE watching a sweet baby enjoy their first piece of cake. It is hilarious. It makes me wonder what my Kay will do! Addie seemed to like it, but she was a little unsure. One thing was for sure, she was excited to get started!


Daddy lit the candle for her, and she was mesmerized. She listened as we sang Happy Birthday to her. It wasn't long before she had her first taste of a cupcake!






Kay loved helping her BFF celebrate her first birthday. These girls have gone through their lives together for this first year, and I am so happy we were able to help Addie celebrate!


Something about this picture cracks me up!
Both of my party planner friends have put me to shame this weekend! I cannot believe how amazing these parties were, and how much love, care, and attention went into making these parties perfect for their little girls. Happy Birthday Addie girl! We love you! There is only one party left ... one for my own pumpkin.

No comments:

Post a Comment