Monday, February 28, 2011

4 Month Wellness



We got our jackets on and we were ready to head out the door. Tonight was a big night in our household. We had our 4 month wellness visit. After an almost sleepless night and a long day at work, I was extremely exhausted, but my excitement for this appointment kept me going through the day. We were seeing our favorite pediatrician, the world's greatest. I LOVE her to death, and I would travel to the end of the earth and back to have our appointments with her.

Drum Roll please.......



My little peanut is 12 pounds 11 ounces and she is 23 3/4 inches long! What a big girl! She is in the 20th percentile in both categories. I was thinking 13 pounds, but hey we will take it. I am so excited because I can start her on rice cereal. Daddy and I are going to wait until the weekend to give it to her.  I already bought the cute little baby spoons and bowls... so get here fast weekend! How exciting! 

We got so much info at this appointment, some we didn't know, some we did, and some we knew but needed a little confirmation/kick in the rear to do.... ahem... let her cry.... ahem. 

Oh my sweet baby girl! I am so madly in love with this baby. Once again, she took her shots like a champ. Yes she wailed, but once it was over, it was over. No sleeping, no crankiness. I had my precious happy little baby with four of the tiniest band aids you can imagine. 

We do have to keep working with her little neck because she is still favoring one side. Her head is F-L-A-T in the back, and we have to watch it closely. If it doesn't get better, Kay may have a blinged out helmet in her future. It is not likely, but it is still a possibility.

Tonight, we are trying a few new things. No more swaddle...she is growing out of it anyway. I put her in a sleep sack. Can someone say coffee overload tomorrow morning? We are putting her to bed earlier tonight too. It is so hard keeping her up at night. We packed up the Pack-n-Play and it is ready for my mom's house. Operation nap is starting at Grams' house. All of these changes, but it will be worth it in a week or two (it better not take longer than that). I think we have a well rested baby, mommy, and daddy.  So keep your fingers crossed for us. We were sleeping through the night and we want that plus a good day time nap schedule.

1 comment:

  1. You can do it Momma!! You'll be happier in the end!!! It won't take long!!

    ReplyDelete