Saturday, February 19, 2011

Setback

This week we had a small setback in sleeping through the night. Three nights this week, Kay woke up at 4am! Go back to sleep baby girl!

Waking up at 4am for work is not something I am interested in doing. I had to figure out what the problem was. I was worried that this new trend was going to stick. So, I spent those three days writing down feeding schedules, counting out ounces in a day, talking to my friends, anything I could think of! I was wondering if it was just a growth spurt. She would wake up screaming and starving so I don't think she was just playing me for a fool. She was really hungry.

Then, I started noticing she still wasn't consistently finishing all of her bottles. So, I decided it was time for a Level 2 nipple. I thought this would help her so she could eat more easily and more quickly so she would finish her bottles. Operation Level 2 nipple was a huge success!

So, I upped her feedings to 5 and a half ounces and I am going to spread them out a little more. It seems like this has helped because we are back on track. Thank goodness!

My friend S had her 4 month check up with her daughter. I heard the dreaded advice to let her cry it out for 15 minutes ... so let's hope she doesn't fall back into this waking up early stuff...I have no interest in letting her cry it out. I hope she stays asleep and we skip that part of sleep training.

No comments:

Post a Comment