Sunday, May 15, 2011

7 Months Already?



7 months is closer to a year than to birth. Holy geez. As I am writing this post, I am thinking how sad I am that my sweet first newborn is long gone...until I started uploading the pictures. This 7 month old girl rocks. She is so much fun to be around. She wants everything (throws tantrums when she doesn't get it), explores, learns, and shows her personality everyday.

Laughing at Lexi!
On your 7 month birthday...

* You weigh between 15 and 16 pounds. I didn't weigh you today, and you are already sound asleep in your crib!

* You are wearing 6-12 month clothing. You wear 9 month pjs under your sleep sack. We are currently in the middle of a shoe debacle. No shoes fit your tiny little feet. I think you are like a size 2 or 3 but your feet are so stinkin' skinny that NO pair of shoes will remain on your feet.

* You are currently wearing one of your last size 2 diapers. Size 3 here we come. I hope size 3 has that cute little lamb picture on them too. We always go to bed wearing a sleep sheep diaper. It is the magic touch.

* You might be the cutest little eater ever. You open your mouth like a little bird. You love almost every fruit. You love your orange vegetables, and I am currently working on widening your appreciation of green veggies. You are really not having it. We were given direct orders to start meats, but we are slacking in that area. *shudder* I have to prepare myself.

* You are FINALLY cutting your first tooth! Yesterday morning, I finally felt the little ridges popping through on your bottom gum! I have been waiting to feel that tooth forever. You had all the signs for so long, and now evidence!

* Your bedtime is 7:30 pm and you are such a good little sleeper, but you are an EARLY riser. Most days you wake up before my alarm goes off. Some days you play in your crib for 20-30 minutes and other times you want your mommy and daddy right away. You take two naps during the day... a morning nap around 10:00 and an afternoon nap around 2 or 2:30.

* You are scooting and moving all over the floor. Every time I turn around, you are somewhere new! Time to make sure you are safe!

* You are getting into everything. You reach for anything that is in line of vision. You especially love my cell phone, ipad, and the remote control. Whatever you get your hands on goes right in your mouth. My little explorer. Here is a perfect example:


* You are testing out that little voice. Your squeals and giggles make everyone smile. When you are tired or unhappy, you don't cry, you moan. This little complain that melts your mommy's heart.

* You have changed my life sweet baby girl. You are so good no matter what we do or where we go.


7 months have gone by since our special meeting in the hospital. I feel so sad about that because everyday that passes I worry that I will lose bits and pieces of that incredible night. I never want the memory to fade. One thing I know for sure, I will never lose the overwhelming feeling of love I felt when they placed you in my arms because it continues to grow stronger every day.

Happy 7 months Kailyn! 

No comments:

Post a Comment