Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day


Motherhood has changed me. Caring for a child, a tiny soul, is so intense, challenging, and rewarding all at the same time. One good day with your happy, giggling baby can rock your world. You close your eyes at night feeling like you can take over the world. Within hours, your world can come crumbling down when your baby's giggles turn into cries. Suddenly, you feel like you are hanging on for dear life rather than the glamourous rock star that kissed your husband good night a few short hours ago. Being a momma is a wild ride, and I am so happy that I buckled my seat belt because I wouldn't want it any other way.

I have learned so much about myself in the past six months than I ever thought possible. I've learned that giving up my selfish ways is easy when you are doing it for someone who needs you, relies on you, loves you unconditionally. You never think twice about your own needs when you look at your child as she lays in your arms and looks up at you. Recognizing what is truly important in life is a realization that takes place before your eyes the second your child enters this world. 


I have learned that no matter how hard life gets, managing my work life and my home life,  it is life. I am going to live in every moment enjoying my daughter and my husband. Motherhood means there may be lesson plans to do, dirty dishes in the sink, or piles of clean clothes waiting to be put away, but it is okay.  Your clothes won't miss the closet, but you may miss a precious smile, a funny face, or sweet finger squeeze. 


Being a mother myself has opened my eyes to the years of constant and continued dedication that my own momma has give me. She was the first person to show me how unconditional love feels and what selflessness look like. She is the greatest mother, role model, and friend. I am so thankful for her today and every day. I love you momma. You are an amazing momma and Grams. 

Today, we celebrated my first mother's day. It was such a special day in every sense of the word. I just had an overwhelming feeling of happiness the entire weekend. We woke up and had some of our favorite Sunday morning snuggle time. Then, we got on our Sunday best and had brunch at the golf course. It was just mother, father, and baby and it was perfect.






I am so lucky to be this little girl's mommy. She has changed everything, and I can't remember life without her. I love you sweet Kailyn Rose.

3 comments:

  1. This weekend was one of the best ever! I hope you enjoyed your day sunday mommy, kay and I love you so much!

    ReplyDelete