Saturday, May 7, 2011

You Know You Are A New Mom When...

* You can weave in and out of traffic on Route 42 during rush hour one handed all while finding and putting a binky back in your baby's mouth!

* You routinely go to work looking like a train wreck, and you don't really care. The best part of my daily ensemble is the partial pedicure that remains from weeks ago. Yes, I am still rocking the open toed shoes because again, I don't really care.

* You rush around during your lunch hour or before you pick up the baby after work to get to BuyBuy Baby to pick up three things only to realize that you have to go back the next day or later anyway because you only came home with two of things. I can't remember anything!

* You have a stack of magazines from Feburary next to your bedside table that remain untouched. The pile just keeps getting bigger and bigger. The only title to not join those ranks - US Weekly. Of course, I will MAKE time. I will read it one handed while holding the baby and making dinner if I have to. Must have celebrity gossip.

* You swoon and drool over new babies. If you see a baby, you secretly wonder how old that baby is and what the baby can do.

* You are even more enthralled by pregnant bellies because you can't wait for that woman to be in on the secret. Every time I see a pregnant woman, I feel a bit of excitement for her. Soon, she will go through the most indescribable experience of her life. I wish I knew her to talk and gush over how incredible and amazing motherhood is.

* You spend a lot of money, but it isn't on yourself. Every single shopping trip I make, I only go in children's stores. I love buying clothes, toys, food, diapers, and more clothes for my sweet baby girl.

* Your family room looks like a bomb went off. It is filled with baby toys, playmats, exersaucers, bouncy seats, and swings. Not to mention the diaper changing station you have set up, along with bibs - clean and dirty, bottle caps, random baby socks strewn about, and blankets in every corner. And you wouldn't have it any other way.

I love being a new mom. This little girl makes me the happiest new mom in the universe. How do you know your a new mom? Leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment