Sunday, August 29, 2010

Date Night with a Sausage

All week, I was looking forward to a date with my honey. When Friday arrived, I went to work in my classroom in the morning. It is starting to look like a classroom again! I will post some pics when I finish. Then, I went to a math workshop. I was skeptical because I used the math program last year, but the instructor was wonderful and gave me some pointers to help me out. So it was worth my time and made me a little motivated and excited to start a new year.

On Friday night, Dobbie and I headed down to the Borgata in Atlantic City for a Chelsea Handler show. A well needed date night with my hubby. We both read her books, and we think she is funny, a little ridiculous, but funny. I was so worried that we would hit a ton of traffic, but it was fine! We zoomed down in no time (just want to mention that I had been sitting for a long time at this point - 3 and a half hours at training then driving home then 1 hour in the car). When we arrived, Dobbie took me to one of my favorite places to eat in the Borgata, the noodle bar. Since we had to work, we didn't have time to go down earlier and make reservations anywhere, but that was fine with me! I LOVE the noodle bar. When we got there, there was no line and we ate in about 40 minutes! Of course, I loaded my pad thai with soy sauce...(at this point, I just want to mention my enormous salt intake and lack of drinking any water).

Next up, the show! As we sat down in our seats, we were excited. We had never been to a comedy show together. We got there at a good time because we only had to wait about 10 minutes before the show started!


Once the show started, it was amazing! We were loving it. It felt so good to laugh. I was so thirsty at this point that Dobbie waited in line with all the drunk girls to get me a ginger ale at the bar. I chugged that ginger ale. As Chelsea Handler came on, I had to go to the bathroom, but I didn't want to miss the show. I ended up laughing so hard that I actually peed my pants!

So as the show was going on, I started to get a little uncomfortable. As we were leaving, I stood up, and my feet were throbbing. I looked down to my unrecognizable toes! They looked like sausages!!! They were so swollen! My poor fingers...I couldn't even make a fist and I thought Dobbie would have to cut my rings off. Sitting all day, not drinking water, and eating salty food really did a number on me! Poor Dobbie...he thought he was going to have a date night with his wife. He ended up having a date night with a sausage. Yuck! I had a great night, but I couldn't wait to get home and put my feet up and chug some water!!!

1 comment: