Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter


There is a happy, little bunny in our house this Easter. She is SO close to crawling, and I can't believe I have to go back to work tomorrow! I just know I am gonna miss her really taking off! This Easter was so nice. We had such a lovely day, and it was the hottest Easter I can remember.

This morning, Daddy let me sleep in and it felt wonderful! I woke up around 8:30 and I felt so refreshed! The baby is an early riser (no matter what time she goes to bed) so we are trying to change our lifestyle. You know... trying to not stay up until midnight watching trashy tv... that is one hard habit to break.

Daddy came home with a large Dunkin Donuts coffee for me, and I couldn't have started my day any better. DD coffee and my baby girl. My heart just melts thinking of our robed, lounging mornings playing so much that we end up drinking the coffee cold.

Lounging in pj's
After feeding and playing with Kay, I showered and ran to the food store to pick up a few things while the baby napped. I wish every day was Easter because the store was empty, and it was so easy to grab the few things I needed. I finished making a delicious cake for Easter dinner, and we were on our way to Mom Mom and Poppy's house.



This pretty girl looked so gorgeous in her Easter dress. This was the first dress that I bought for Kay when I found out I was having a girl. I saw in on Gilt, and I had to have it! That was one of the only times that I refreshed my page over and over to make sure I got to the Halabaloo sale first!  I was SO glad it fit her for Easter. What a cutie in her Easter dress! She didn't need the sweater for long because today was hot!!!!

After visiting with our family and watching everyone laugh, love on the baby, and chat about summer plans, I felt happy and hopeful. School really is winding down and this week was such a nice preview to summer. When we came home, we were ready to relax. Kay went to bed early tonight. She had a busy weekend for a little girl. As I type this, there is a thunderstorm outside and I hear Carrie Underwood lullabies playing from the monitor with a sweet sleeping baby who hasn't moved since we placed her in her crib. I am loving life right now. I hope you had a lovely Easter filled with love and laughter.


No comments:

Post a Comment