Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Spring Break

I like to think of myself as an ambitious person. I usually have so many things that I want to do and accomplish. This week was no different. My to do list for spring break is ridiculously long, and it includes things like cleaning the grill, shampooing the carpets, bathing the dog, organizing my closet and drawers, you know all things spring cleaning related. I want and NEED to get organized. With all of these new things for Kay, I need to make some space to give the "things" a home. Being a working mommy, it is easy to throw things here, shove some stuff there, and then I end up with a mess and anxiety. Yesterday, I was ready to go, and then I realized with a baby it is a little hard to take a whole day to clean and organize.

Yesterday was my first day of break, and it whizzed by. When the day started I was full of hope! My first job that I decided to undertake was the baby's room. I still haven't "finished" it yet, and I realized I would love to get it finished and share it on this here little blog. So I decided to start putting some things away, and I HAD to organize and go through her clothes. When we woke up, I couldn't pull myself away from playing with her all morning. I realized how much I miss being with her every day, and I knew my goals for the week were going to be shot.

As the baby went down for her nap, I decided to start going through her clothes. I got to the point where I had a huge pile of clothes on the floor, and Kay decided it was time to get up! I didn't get very far! So I decided to try to finish while she was in the room.





Every time I turned around, she had scooted herself to get my cell phone or a hanger or a shirt. She is good at pulling herself with her arms. She even gets her legs tucked under her like she wants to crawl, but then she doesn't know what to do! I wonder if these are the beginning stages of crawling.

So we stopped putting the clothes away, and we had fun trying on some of our new outfits. By the end of the day, I was successful at putting her new clothes away and her old clothes packed away. At this rate, tackling my to do list doesn't seem like it is going to happen, but with this package of sweetness to be with why should I care? What is more important? Having neat drawers or spending time with Kay?

No answer needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment