Wednesday, January 2, 2013

3 months old

My precious little baby girl is 3 and a half months old. Baby Gaga, as she is affectionately known by her doting sister, has been the easiest baby. She is the sweetest child ever. She has added so much love and joy to our family and my life more than I ever thought possible.

First of all, this little girl is growing like a weed. At birth, she looked healthy and strong at 5 pounds 13 ounces, and she has just continued to grow healthy and strong!

Keira - 1 month
Keira - 2 months
and here she is at 3 months...
Keira - 3 months
Keira - 3 months
Keira - 3 months

At 3 months, Keira...

* weighs 12 pounds, 9 ounces (as of today) and is a little over 22 inches long. She is over 80th percentile in both! Such a drastic change from my tiny, little Kay. Keira is my chunky monkey. She nurses like a champ! I can't believe how much weight she is gaining! 
* wears size 2 diapers and 6 month clothing...but not for long! She has an oddly long torso and I have trouble buttoning her clothes.
* smiles at me every time she sees my face. The BIGGEST, happiest, I LOVE YOU MOMMY smile I have ever seen. 
* talks to me all the time. After I feed her before bed, we sit in her quiet room and talk to each other. She lays on my lap and coos. Her lips form this perfect little heart shape as she finds her voice. 
*goes to bed between 8:00-8:30 after our nightly ritual of a warm bath, feed, book, and bed. She falls asleep great on her own and wakes up to eat once a night. When she wakes in the early morning, I bring her in bed with me to feed her, snuggle, and sleep until big sissy wakes up. It is my favorite time of the day. Sleeping with her warmth against my chest as she snuggles in next to me and leaves her chin on my chest is the greatest feeling in all eternity. We are lucky because big sis sleeps until 8 in the morning so we can get some extra sleep.

After 15 weeks, we are in our groove. Our next mission: operation nap schedule will be starting soon. For now, we are happy just the way we are. This little girl lights up my life like no other. I simply cannot. get. enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment