Sunday, January 20, 2013

4 Months Old


This weekend my sweet baby "Gaga," as she is affectionately known by her sister, hit the 4 month mark. She truly has brightened my life in more ways than I can explain. These past four months have been the happiest I have ever been in my life. I feel so full and content. I feel incredibly blessed to have been able to bond with Keira and get to know every inch of her, right down to these little toes.

She is my special girl, and we have an incredible bond. Leaving her (and her sissy) to return to work might be the hardest thing I will ever have to do.




At four months, Keira ...

* is weighing in at a whopping 13 pounds 13 ounces (according to our home baby scale). Her sissy was only 11 pounds 9 ounces at this time! Keira is my little chunky monkey, and I cannot get enough of those chubby cheeks, chubby legs, and arm rolls. It is like pure heaven.

Chubby Cheeks
Chubby legs and arms
* is wearing 6 month clothes and some 9 month clothes. This little girl has a long torso. One thing is for sure... she fills out her clothes nicely.

* is a great sleeper. She goes to bed between 7:30 and 8:00 every night. We put her down wide awake, and she just drifts off to sleep without a peep. She still wakes around 2:30 in the morning to eat, but it doesn't bother me because we get to snuggle and have a quiet moment alone. Then, she goes back to sleep until the morning. Last night, she went back to sleep until 8:15 am which made for a happy mommy.

* is still sleeping swaddled up like a cocoon. The miracle blanket truly is a miracle. She uses it all night and for nap time, and it is still working for us. I am beginning to wonder if I should transition her out of it to help/aid in strengthen her little muscles. Anyone have any insight or advice in this area? 

* is the happiest baby on the block. She constantly smiles, sings, coos, and squeals. She is definitely vocal. She is so pleasant and easy. Nothing beats making eye contact with your baby and seeing her light up like the fourth of July.

* likes spending time on her play mat. She loves staring at the hanging toys or looking at lights. She hasn't quite tried to reach out for them yet, but she gazes at them intently. She likes when I play and sing with her. She loves peek-a-boo when I hide behind her feet. This game always brings the biggest smiles of the day. I am patiently waiting for her to start reaching out to grab things because she has a whole new world of toys waiting for her.

* still has some trouble with tummy time. She is just not interested in holding herself up on her arms or pushing up with her arms. She burrows her face in the mat and tries to inch along like a worm. I have been doing some of Mama OT's tips to help with tummy time. Her head is looking a little flat so I am hoping we start making big time progress in this area soon.

* like to watch your big sis as she plays near you. Your eyes follow her every move. She loves to come in and give you kisses galore. "Hi Gaga!" She says to you every morning as she greets you with a hug and a kiss. Don't worry Gaga, Kay and Teddy are taking care of all your toys and your things until you are able to use them... hopefully they will still be good by then.

Happy Four Months Keira Jane  XOXO

1 comment: