Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Mommy Confessions - Hair Edition

Okay ... it is that time of the week. Time for me to let you in on some of my downfalls.


I confess that I have no idea what to do with this hair.

Channeling Miley Cyrus

This beautiful child has one insane head of hair. It is thin, uneven, and unruly. Some days it looks like it has been fried by a straightener or some other hot tool. Some days it looks like a bad chia pet. Most days it looks like a mullet. Lately, it has really started growing with these thin dead ends just covering her eyebrows.


Only problem is that it grows out away from her head! My little cutie has THE mop of all mops, and I confess I have given up. I don't want to cut it because I am not quite ready for that, and she doesn't have enough to cut quite yet. I fail at brushing it, I fail at giving her a little ponytail, and I fail at bribing her to wear one of the million cute headbands or bows we have.


 And even with this head of hair, she is the cutest kid around.

5 comments:

  1. Hey! New follower here, from the Mommy Confession link up!

    I don't mean to laugh, but holy cow your daughter is so adorable and the first/last picture are just hilariously cute. I have all boys and even though I was a hair stylist for quite a few years, I don't know if I would do well with girl hair either. I think she looks just fine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Swinging by from the link-up... I am totally here with ya'! My little gal's hair is currently about the same length and I am at a complete loss as to what to do with it! It's not quite long enough for a ponytail... and bows or headbands don't last very long before she's pulling them out/off. Let me know if you come across a solution... in the meantime, find comfort in that you are not alone! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh that is so funny and cute!!! We tease our daughter all the time saying that she has a mullet...it's slightly longish, super fine, super straight. Dad has even asked her once or twice if she's a japanese anime character because her bangs are just so straight down to her eyes, it's hilarious!

    found you through the link up, I'll be following along now. It's the hair, how could I not? Swing by www.highheeledmama.com and be my bloggy buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gracious, I think our daughters are related- my kids hair looks totally the same! I swoop it over to one side and put a bow or clip in it, otherwise she looks like a hockey player with her missing teeth and mullet. Hahahaha!
    Your babies are SOOOOOO cute!!!
    Thanks for linking!
    xoxo
    Megan @ thememoirsofmegan.com

    ReplyDelete