Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Mommy Confession



I am excited to be linking up with Heather over at Cookies for Breakfast for a little confession. I confess... we have been watching A TON of some TV lately. My poor sweet toddler must be bored out of her mind the past few days. Mom of the year award over here. Since Keira was born, I have tried to carve out time every day for my Kay to do something special, something crafty, something active, something away from the tv. The past few days ... not so much... and I am feeling guilty about it.

With my efforts to put Keira on a schedule, I have only been letting her sleep during nap time. Do you know how exhausting it is to keep a baby awake and happy? It hasn't been hard just exhausting! So, while I have been doing this, Kay has been watching the umpteenth episode of "Mickey Minnie."

Wait, it gets worse... not only am I a bad mom and my kid is watching lots of tv, but I am making her watch it on the iPad because I am selfishly hogging the tv with daytime talk shows, old ass reruns of the  Kardashians and Sex and the City, and various cooking shows. Hey, what is a mom to do when holding a sweet baby, entertaining a sweet baby, and keeping that sweet baby awake?

I know, I know. I feel the shame.

So with this confession, I made the effort to change today. Today, we set out to make our very own Auntie Anne's pretzels. I got everything ready and I was excited. However, I must have forgotten that my water obsessed child really has no interest in baking or cooking, but will pour water from one container to another for over an hour.



 But hey, you know what... she was happy and she loved it.

"CHEESE"
 By the way, the pretzels didn't stand a chance! Ridiculous. I'll stick to baking cookies.

Before baking... not worth the picture after the baking

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Excited to get to know you. Your girls are beautiful. I share the same mommy guilt, girl! I'll tell you it's ok if you tell me it's ok. Ok? Newly pregnant with #2, I have been so exhausted. The TV has definitely been on more than usual in this house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking up with me and Heather!
    I am guilty of the same thing, however, she watches movies on my kindle, because...Momma needs her trashy TV.
    Hahaha! Awesome!
    New follower, and I hope you link up with us again!
    xoxo
    Megan @ thememoirsofmegan.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Giiiiirl, it's like you climbed in my brain and wrote this post. Sadly for me, I don't have an iPad for Benjamin to use, but I watch more than enough trashy TV during the day to make up for it. His personal favorite is Kathie Lee & Hoda (not that that's trashy, but certainly not a kiddie show!).

    And OMG, how can you resist that sweet little smile? I just about died when I scrolled to that photo! Adorbs!

    Thank you for linking up with us!

    -Heather

    ReplyDelete